As A Sagamore, I Will:
- Keep My Sagamore Promise To The Best Of My Ability [The Promise Is Made At Initiation]
- Maintain My Registration In Some Position In The Boy Scouts of America;
- Maintain An Active Interest In And Support Of Scouting According To Personal Health And Circumstances;
- Maintain My Specialty In Some Phase of Scout Skills or Crafts and Offer It In Service To Scouting Youth And To Leadership Training;
- Reply To The Tally Keeper For All Calls To Council (Four Per Year) And To Have A Good Reason For Any Absences [Sagamores Are Expected To Respond To All Calls To Council];
- Attend All Four Sessions, Councils, Or Meetings Per Year, If Possible [Active Members Must Attend At Least Two A Year. All Sessions Include Work Projects, Dinner, And The Council Or Meeting. Dates Are Announced Well In Advance];
- Renew Membership Annually By Prompt Return Of The Sagamore Renewal Form And Dues Payment By The Fall Council;
- Respond To All Troop Mobilization Calls, If Possible [Mobilizations Are Called To Assemble The Troop For Memorial Services For Deceased Members];
- Participate Insofar As Possible And As Called Upon In The Offices, Committee Work, And Projects Of The Troop; And
- Strive To Set An Example As A Sagamore And As a Scouter That Will Always Exemplify The Sagamore Spirit.
To Be A Sagamore Is More Than An Honor, It Is A Firm Commitment To Service And To The Sagamore Spirit.
[All Sagamores Are Evaluated Annually On Their Record As The Basis For Renewal Approval. Refer To Both The By-Laws And Ritual And Be Familiar With Both Of Them.]